Are you hopelessly addicted to the Civilzation
? Do you spend most of your time plotting virtual world conquest? Is the phrase "My words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS
" always at the tip of your tongue? Do you measure time in turns instead of days, months, and years? Before it's too late, visit Civilization Anonymous
In the main section, the following twelve steps to recovery scroll across the bottom of the page:
- We admit we are powerless over Civilization - that our lives have become unmanageable.
- We believe that a power greater than Sid Meier could restore us to sanity.
- We turn our will and our lives over to this greater power.
- We make a searching and fearless moral inventory of our turn-based gaming philosophy.
- We admit to one and all the exact nature of our Civilization addiction.
- We ask mercy upon Sid Meier to release us from our addictive tether and defects of character.
- We humbly submit to eliminating our shortcomings.
- We make a list of all persons we have harmed (not including in-game societies such as the Greeks, Romans, or Mongol hoards [sic] and make amends.
- We make direct amends to such people, exzcept when to do so would cause further harm.
- We continue to take personal inventory, and when we feel the urge to take a few Civ Aturns, we promptly admit it.
- We seen to improve our conscious selves, and to reject Sid Meier's siren song.
- We practice these steps in our daily lives and bring our message of hope and redemption to other Civilization IV addicts.
Hope is just a mouse-click away.