Alan K. Henderson's Weblog

HOME   |   BLOGGER PROFILE   |   BLOGROLL  MAP   |   HENDERSON  PRIZE   |   EMAIL

COMMENTS TEMPORARILY CLOSED - MIGRATING FROM HALOSCAN/ECHO TO DISQUS
Old comments migrated to Disqus, currently working outtechnical issues

Friday, October 09, 2009

 
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ICE-RIDDEN NORWEGIAN MINDS?

The Nobel Committee has sunk into absolute self-parody and irrelevance by awarding the Peace Prize to Barack Obama.

This is a real news story, not The Onion.

I have long been critical of the Nobel committee for awarding untested peace plans. Obama hasn't even done that.

Adding to the farce, the deadline for the nomination process was February 1. Obama had been president eleven days.

At least they didn't give him the Nobel for Economics.

Update: I just emailed this rant accompanying a link to this post. The first sentence is the subject title.

Has any element of Western civilization ever been this freakin insane? Where's my Oscar? Where's my Deming Prize? Where's my Heisman? You don't have to do a damn thing to win a prize. Pay up. I deserve it. Everybody deserves it.Prizes for everyone! A trophy in every garage!

Update: In record time, WBAP Dallas/Fort Worth has cranked out a Nobel parody song. All WBAP parodies listed here. I like this line" "Better grab it and go, I think Oslo knows the Olympics nixed them too."

Labels: ,




Site Meter


Blogger