Alan K. Henderson's Weblog

HOME   |   BLOGGER PROFILE   |   BLOGROLL  MAP   |   HENDERSON  PRIZE   |   EMAIL

COMMENTS TEMPORARILY CLOSED - MIGRATING FROM HALOSCAN/ECHO TO DISQUS
Old comments migrated to Disqus, currently working outtechnical issues

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

 
Technical Difficulties

If anyone sent me an email between noon yesterday and about 1:40 PM today, I didn't get it. My computer locked up after Outlook Express downloaded the latest email from the Verizon server, and after rebooting the new email vanished. After 15 minutes of frantic search of the Verizon site for a contact number, I learned that Verizon can't do email restores.

To insure against a repeat of this fiasco, I have to edit the advanced email properties, as described here. The "remove from server after 5 days" selection is perfect - I can immediately try to receive incoming mail again after a reboot, and I dont' have to go through the hassle of logging directly into the Verizon site and manually emptying the In box.




Site Meter


Blogger