Alan K. Henderson's Weblog

HOME   |   BLOGGER PROFILE   |   BLOGROLL  MAP   |   HENDERSON  PRIZE   |   EMAIL

COMMENTS TEMPORARILY CLOSED - MIGRATING FROM HALOSCAN/ECHO TO DISQUS
Old comments migrated to Disqus, currently working outtechnical issues

Thursday, May 21, 2009

 
American Idol Finale

I scarcely watch this show. The only reason it's on my radar is because I was stunned that the guy who tortured Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire"on the one episode I did watch made it to the finals.

That night I thought Adam Lambert's Idol days were numbered. American Idol is geared for pop singers who can excel in a wide range of genres (many of which bore me, which is why I watch the show so little). Lambert's edgy style places him in a niche market. I predict he winds up on the soundtrack to the Twilight sequel.

If I had a super-great singing voice, mine would be a niche market as well. And there's no way I could survive Disco night. Disco night? How did this show get away with that for eight years without Ryan Seacrest finding a horse's head in his bed?

Labels: ,




Site Meter


Blogger