Alan K. Henderson's Weblog

HOME   |   BLOGGER PROFILE   |   BLOGROLL  MAP   |   HENDERSON  PRIZE   |   EMAIL

COMMENTS TEMPORARILY CLOSED - MIGRATING FROM HALOSCAN/ECHO TO DISQUS
Old comments migrated to Disqus, currently working outtechnical issues

Thursday, April 09, 2009

 
Quote Du Jour

"I did not have 'salutational' relations with that man."

- An NRO reader, reacting to the Obama administration's bow denial.


Look at the video - the White House apparatus is lying through its teeth. Don't give me that "he had to stoop to give a two-handed handshake" excuse. Obama and I are the same height. I can give two-handed handshakes to guys a lot shorter than King Abdullah without bending down, or the other person getting on tiptoes.

No, Bush didn't bow, too. He stooped to receive a medal - specifically, the King Abdul Aziz Order of Merit. The award is reported here.

My two cents: heads of state should greet each other as equals.

Labels: ,




Site Meter


Blogger