Alan K. Henderson's Weblog

HOME   |   BLOGGER PROFILE   |   BLOGROLL  MAP   |   HENDERSON  PRIZE   |   EMAIL

COMMENTS TEMPORARILY CLOSED - MIGRATING FROM HALOSCAN/ECHO TO DISQUS
Old comments migrated to Disqus, currently working outtechnical issues

Monday, January 05, 2009

 
Musical Countdown To Obama's Inauguration, 15 Days

Back in 2004 I guest-blogged at Sasha Castel's now-defunct blog an incomplete list of alternate state theme songs devised by myself. For the District of Columbia I assigned an entire musical, 28 songs. Of course, I have the original list on my home computer. I'll be embedding a different selection each day leasing up to O-Day.

I'll start with the "Montagues and Capulets" march, from Sergei Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet (performing orchestra unknown).



The portion beginning at 01:35 may sound familiar to some - it was featured in the Lexus "swinging orbs" commercial (cited in this list).

Update: I've created a special "Obama Countdown" category for this series.

Labels: , ,




Site Meter


Blogger