, Kim du Toit reminds us of a December 2002 post
of a terror organization that had attacked Americans and against which we had yet to retaliate: Hezbollah. The latter post lists those attacks:
- 1983: bombed the U.S. Embassy in Beirut (which killed 63 persons)
- 1983: suicide bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Lebanon (killing 241 Americans
- 1984: bombed the annex to the U.S. Embassy in Lebanon (killing 14 Americans)
- 1985: hijacked TWA Flight 847 (torturing and killing U.S. Navy SEAL Robert Stethem)
- 1985: kidnapped and murdered the Beirut CIA station chief, William Buckley
- 1985: kidnapped and murdered William Higgins, an American serving with U.N. peacekeeping forces in Lebanon.
In that old post he also provided a map to where we can find them...