Alan K. Henderson's Weblog

HOME   |   BLOGGER PROFILE   |   BLOGROLL  MAP   |   HENDERSON  PRIZE   |   EMAIL

COMMENTS TEMPORARILY CLOSED - MIGRATING FROM HALOSCAN/ECHO TO DISQUS
Old comments migrated to Disqus, currently working outtechnical issues

Friday, September 16, 2005

 
The President's Speech

Louisiana Conservative's post has a full transcript of the speech with commentary. I generally agree with LC, especially on the massiveness of the government role in rebuilding. I am mystified by this remark:

I liked this speech so much more after going through it the second time. I think after the last two weeks I expected more out of President Bush than I did out of Kathleen Blanco. Although I liked President Bush's speech much better, it didn't impress me as much as Kathleen Blanco.

Huh? Governor Blanco said something impressive recently?

Here's the part of Bush's address that especially caught my attention (emphasis added):

Yet the system, at every level of government, was not well coordinated and was overwhelmed in the first few days.

He was subtle about it, but he didn't let Blanco and Nagin off the hook. Good.




Site Meter


Blogger