Alan K. Henderson's Weblog

HOME   |   BLOGGER PROFILE   |   BLOGROLL  MAP   |   HENDERSON  PRIZE   |   EMAIL

COMMENTS TEMPORARILY CLOSED - MIGRATING FROM HALOSCAN/ECHO TO DISQUS
Old comments migrated to Disqus, currently working outtechnical issues

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

 
SCOTUS Trek

Kathryn Jean Lopez has a question she wants posed to John Roberts (link via Glenn):

"I'd like to know if Star Trek had an influence on John Roberts and, if so, what that influence was."

Here are some responses I don't want to hear:

  • "It is a good day to die."
  • "Strength is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours."
  • "My position on Roe? How much latinum is it worth to you?"
  • "Please state the nature of the legal emergency."
  • "From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
  • "Setting dissent on stun."
  • "Don't push your luck, pinkskin!"
  • "Engaging cloaking device." [dodging a question]
  • "Red alert! Raise shields!" [more dodging]
  • "Beam me out of here!" [yet more dodging]
  • "Really, Mr. Senator, you emotions will become your undoing."

Okay, maybe I do want to hear that last one.




Site Meter


Blogger